The Bellbird Residents Advocacy Group (BRAG) represents residents of the Bellbird Area of Blackburn, a suburb in Melbourne, Australia.
The Bellbird Area comprises a small number of streets that have been saved from development in the 1960s and 70s. The streetscapes were classified by the National Trust in the 1970s and retain a rural ambience in which the streetscape is dominated by vegetation, particularly trees.The principal purpose of Bellbird Residents Advocacy Group is to preserve and enhance the special qualities of the Bellbird Area that led to its National Trust Classification by:
- Liaising with Whitehorse Council and their contractors to ensure the streetscape is maintained to retain and enhance the National Trust Classification.
- Representing and supporting the members and providing a forum for discussions and decisions relevant to the appearance, heritage and environmental values and traffic management issues of the Bellbird Area.
- Promoting community awareness in the area by informing members about matters of community interest.
- Facilitating actions that maintain or enhance the overall appearance, attractiveness and heritage and environmental values of the Bellbird Area.
- Raising and managing funds, as appropriate to achieve the above objectives.
We hope you enjoy browsing the website to learn more about this special area. The website is continuing to be enhanced, so please call back again soon.